December 26, 2018

Christmas Eves (23rd&24th)

I had been kind of dreading church for the Christmas program on Dec. 23rd. I got asked to play a few duets on the piano with Tammy Aley, she's a really good pianist. She also asked me to do a few with Chico (a future amazing musician) for prelude. Many of you know how I freeze up when I play the piano in public. I’d much rather sing. This ward doesn’t seem to know I sing though so I keep getting called upon for piano. I have grown so much this last year in my piano playing. I don’t freeze nearly as badly. Today actually went really well, it was kinda fun even!!! It was a really cool music filled meeting. I do miss singing though, wish we had a ward choir.



One of her Christmas Dresses. We will have to take a family picture in our Sunday best another time with her other Christmas dress that matches Sanna’s. Brent had to work today.



Sanna needed in on this Christmas sunday selfies. She had already changed out of her dress however.




Pictures to come soon of the coolest Christmas gift ever! The Harlows brought their gifts to our kids Motorcycles!!! It took Sanna and Chico a bit to gain confidence. Griz took to it like a pro though. He's such a natural.
The kids have been over the moon excited about them, zooming all over our property. It's adorable!!! Even Sanna, who couldn't even ride a bike without training wheels has gotten the hang of it. We mostly have video but I'll have to post some pictures of them on here soon.

Christmas Eve finally arrived! They spent most of the morning riding their motorcycles.
I didn't get too many videos because I was busy inside.

It turned out to be a pretty busy evening with all the calling of family but still fun. Luckily our annual swedish meal isn't too terribly hard to make.  Open face sandwiches of ham, mustard, cheese on rye bread.

Cracker bread of course! 

And for dessert. The crown of the night. Is princess torta.  I forgot to buy chocolate for drizzling. Still tasted great without it, it's more for decoration anyway.
Ahhh, I love this stuff.

They got to open quite a few presents on Christmas Eve because of face timing with grandparents.   Sanna was the only one we captured a picture of before going to bed.  We stayed up way later than normal.
I woke up all throughout the night everytime one of the kids or Thor would stir or Brent would snore. I was on high alert.  Sanna put out this "Santa catcher" on the tree that was supposed to alert her when Santa came.  I started hearing this high pitched whistle during the night. It sounded like an alarm. It was so weird. Finally I realized it was coming from Brent's nose. Sometimes I really hate being such a light sleeper. I was very tired Christmas mid morning.

No comments: