May 18, 2011

Delicate Arch (Hike Number Two)

It was looking like a storm was rolling in and so we decided to hike Delicate Arch next since we already had fantastic pictures of it from last year so if it rained it wouldn't be a big deal. It blew hard the whole way up which was a really nice way to keep cool. We got to the top and saw the awesomely magnificent Delicate Arch. It was really windy and crowded at the viewing place and Brent convinced me that it wasn't scary to go down by the arch and down into the bowl. I trust my husband and so we went. I held Chico's hand and we walked down to the arch and touched it.  Then we impressed a bunch of people by walking past the arch and down the side and then into the bowl. We ate lunch and I fed Nelmo and we ran around in the bowl and took a bunch of pictures and just had a grand old time all by ourselves down in the arch.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I love these next pictures SO much. I'm going to have to frame them or something.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
It was really peaceful down there, away from the wind and all the people.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
He's so close to crawling... he gets stuck and then screams. I can't wait until he figures out how to get himself unstuck. :)
Photobucket

Photobucket
Notice in the picture above that Chico peed his pants. This will become significant later on when i post about hike number three.

It's amazing how uncomfortable it is to have a sleeping baby in a pack. Both boys slept most of the way down.  We each had a pack. Chico was on Brent's back and Nelmo was on my back.  Chico is getting so big that it's pretty comical to see him asleep on Brent's back. Everyone laughed as we walked past. I should have gotten a picture, dang.
Photobucket

No comments: