December 8, 2018

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Look at me! I'm actually updating my blog before December is over! I'm trying to simplify my life and my emotions. So I'm spending less time on Instagram/Facebook. I don't want comparison and feelings of inadequacy to ruin our holiday.  So we will do what we can and not worry about what we don't get done compared to others.
This year we bought an artificial tree. The fire danger up at our place is too scary to do a real tree. No garland this year either. So all the garland ornaments from last year are now also on our tree.  With so many ornaments it looks, AMAZING!!! The tree was pre lit but we added some more of our white lights.  It looks awesome.



Izzy was entertaining herself while we were decorating.  Wonder Woman in the making.





 Best tree we’ve ever done! Hopefully I'll get a better picture later, this is a cell phone pic we had.
We had our ward Christmas Party last night. My phone battery was low so I didn’t take many pictures but I had to snap this one of Chico and his friend. They were narrators for the nativity and looked quite snazzy.
 The ward party was pretty fun. Teresa did a great job planning and directing the nativity. Whoever did all the decorations and planned it all did a great job!  I wasn’t feeling good so we probably wouldn't have gone if everybody didn't have a part in the nativity. Sanna was an angel and said, "Fear not, For behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy. For unto you is born this day, a Savior which is Christ the Lord." and then she sang "Hark the Herald Angels Sing" with the Activity day girls. As for Griz, he was first a Nephite and sang "Said Samuel" or whatever it's called with his class, then he sang "When Joseph went to Bethlehem" with Brent and Chico.  
Everyone loves Izzy. She’s like a little rockstar, everyone calls out her name as we pass and wants to see her. Or hold her. She likes it luckily. 

This week Izzy has been a little bit more needy and grumpy and all she wants to do is be entertained or held by me. One day I really wanted to be able to get some cleaning and computer work done. Sanna had a cough... and so I kept her home.  Normally I would have sent her since she didn't have a fever but I kept her home with an ulterior motive and she helped entertain Izzy so that was nice.


No comments: