December 9, 2018

Passed

I recently listened to Dave Ramsey’s total money makeover. I  heard it all back in the day when we attended his financial peace university (but never bought the book). Anyway, I had been wanting a refresher on it so it was good to listen to it. We passed our first challenge this week. It was hard let me tell ya. Our fridge pooped out on us so we needed a new one. I was looking at new ones on sale at Lowe’s. They were too much for our budget but using a 0% interest credit card was mighty tempting. I resisted the temptation and suggested Craigslist to Brent. Nothing good was turning up for several days. I kept eyeing those new ones from Lowe’s coming up with rationalizations in my head. Ultimately I found one randomly yesterday on a site I hadn’t previously been using. (Facebook marketplace). It was in our budget and even better we already have it rather than having to wait for it to be delivered. 
The fridge started giving up on Thanksgiving but we went out of town so we didn’t do anything during that time. Unfortunately it means some of the food in there has gone bad. Freezer was alright though. 

No comments: