March 25, 2011

Skiing for Brent's Birthday!

Didn't y'all know that I'm profesh when it comes to skiing? I mean look at me!
Photobucket

Okay, truthfully my husband is the professional skier. He used to be a ski instructor back in the day. Hence why all the following pictures are of ME. We definitely didn't trust the camera in my hands. You never knew when I'd go down suddenly. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

It was SUCH an awesome birthday all thanks to Brent's dad! His dad gave him a couple lift tickets for Christmas. Brent has been waiting to use them until I could go with him and I've been waiting until Nelmo will take a bottle. Well, Nelmo has had other plans and refuses to take a bottle. So we decided I wouldn't go after all. So Brent went with his Dad and we decided I'd bring them lunch halfway through the day so that Brent could take Chico down a little hill in his arms a few times. Well at about 11:00 Brent called and told me to come prepared to ski. Brent's dad hurt his ribs and didn't feel like skiing anymore but felt good enough to sit in the car with boys. Thankfully my feet are only a tiny bit smaller than Brent's and Brent's are only a tiny bit smaller than his dad's so I used Brent's ski's and boots and Brent used his dad's and I wore his dad's coat that had the pass on it. It was SO much fun to get back on the slopes with Brent. I was amazed that all the stuff he taught me came back so fast even though it had been a couple of years. I even went down a black diamond again! It was awesome! Thanks Dad for watching our kids for us! It was so nice of you!

Photobucket