March 27, 2012

Night Skiing at Snowbird for Daddy's Birthday!

Brent had his birthday recently and to celebrate, we went skiing twice! First time was just Brent and I and then we waited a few days (to let our bodies heal from a rough skiing day) and the second time we brought the boys and just stuck to the bunny slope. Chico was so very excited for this but a wee bit tired as we began.  Luckily we got there plenty early to give him time to get used to everything. I love this picture of him:
Photobucket

That's me chilling enjoying the beautiful mountain air.
Photobucket

Grizwald was all bundled up warm and ready to play in and eat some snow! Later on he actually did try on Chico's skis and I helped him ski down the mountain a bit but then he got tired of it so we took them off and gave them back to Chico.
Photobucket

Brent giving some encouraging words to Chico. Brent is so good at teaching the boys. I think his immense patience is the key.
Photobucket

Photobucket

I headed up the chairlift to ski a tiny bit while Brent played with the boys down at the bottom until Chico was ready to ski. Brent encouraged me to try out a jump (I usually avoid them) to practice a technique he's trying to get me to master.  I however did it completely wrong and got some air and biffed it. I laughed so hard.
Photobucket

Chico was enjoying climbing on the rocks in his ski boots. Crazy kid. Though it did make him happy and then after he got the climbing out of his system he was ready to move on.
Photobucket

When he finally started skiing and he did really quite well!!!  It was starting to get dark by the time I took these pictures.
Photobucket

And he was starting to get really tired and cold...
Photobucket
and so we went home and they promptly fell asleep in the car. I think it was a fun birthday party even though no one else besides us came. :) Maybe if we give more notice next year more people will join us.
On Brent's actual birthday I just bought some eclairs since Brent isn't a big cake fan. I was feeling kinda guilty about it so I planned on making some hot fudge and brownies with ice cream a day or two later. It also happened to be the night I was gone FOREVER at caucus meeting. Chico was very much looking forward to the hot fudge and he even made up a song that he sang as they waited for me to get home. Sung to the chorus of "Jesus wants me for a sunbeam": "Hot Fudge, Hot Fudge, Jesus wants us to eat Hot Fudge!"  Can ya tell how excited this kid was!? So I finally left early from the caucus around 10 PM and made hot fudge which we gobbled up and finally got our silly boys to bed. Spring break was a little crazy because of all the late nights. The boys were SOOOOO happy to have their daddy home and refused to go to bed.  And I was even happier to have Brent home too.  He's back at school now though and busier than ever. I'm so grateful for how hard he works for our family. He is such an amazing man!

2 comments:

Emily Davis said...

That is my new favorite song.

Christa said...

Cute pictures! Sorry nobody came! Yeah, more notice.... and a couple hundred extra dollars might do it for us :)... jk. I saw your post on fb about ramping up the photography, sorry you're having to do that! Let us know if there is anything we can do to help... watch the boys, whatever, I just hate to know you're going through that! Good luck though!