February 21, 2013

February

Brent and I have gotten to go skiing by ourselves twice already this season. The first time we went our skis and Brent's boots were in bad shape so we decided that we better get them working a little better before we go again. (I say we, but Brent did all the work) He waxed our skis, then he pulled out his Dremel and did this to a clamp so that he could reshape his boots he also used the dremel to trim out some of the plastic out of his boots. We just had to get a picture of the sparks flying, it looked so cool!
 photo IMG_5780.jpg
We didn't take our camera skiing but I had my phone and took a picture of us.  photo imagejpeg_2_2.jpg
***

I have been working on making a 2012 video of our little family and we came across a picture of Chico with a pillow case as a cape. When the boys saw that picture they wanted to copy. Griz looked so dang cute sitting in my doorway with the cape on reading a book.
 photo IMG_5789.jpg

Chico had been wearing one too but his came off before I started taking pictures. He wanted to show off his transformer.
 photo IMG_5791.jpg

Which then turned into taking some silly pictures on my bed (I was washing the sheets, that's why it's bare)
 photo IMG_5794.jpg  photo IMG_5796.jpg  photo IMG_5798.jpg  photo IMG_5803.jpg

***
Valentines day was an interesting day.  I was in lot of pain most of the day and didn't do ANYTHING for the boys. I did however get up the energy to go to Macaroni Grill with Brent on a date and I probably ate the equivalent of 2 loaves of that rosemary bread. Holy cow it was amazing! When we were getting ready for bed that night Brent exclaimed, we didn't even get anything for the boys! Chico heard him and said in such a sad voice, "Yeah, you didn't even get me a valentine."  It was so sad hearing him say that so I promised that when I felt better I'd make them something. He requested a robot cake. So the next day when I was feeling human again I made them this cake. Some more posing with a toy as we took pictures of the cake. Griz was unfortunately asleep when we took the pictures. I was running low on frosting so don't look too closely, my kids don't care if the cake shows through so neither do I ;)
 photo IMG_5808.jpg  photo IMG_5812.jpg  photo IMG_5815.jpg

No comments: