February 11, 2013

Christmas!

Guess I better hurry and post about Christmas before Valentines day arrives!
We only took our camera to one Christmas party and we took a total of TWO pictures on Christmas morning.  Wow, go us.
We had a lot of fun family parties but no pictures to show from those things. Here are some adorable pictures I took from the 23rd when we did the nativity with my parents.
Joseph and Mary:
Photobucket

Griz was loving the treasure in the box. He was a wise man. :)Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
It was very fitting for Chico to be Joseph. He loves babies!
Photobucket Photobucket

After taking off costumes (guess the shirt hadn't quite made it back on) Grandma Coy wanted to give her presents to the boys. They were so excited about their presents.
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Not sure Griz knew what to think about this huge ship at first. He loves it now but it was a little overwhelming at first. :)
Photobucket

Chico was walking around with his tool belt, white shirt, and tan pants reminding me very much of Luke Skywalker, lol.
Photobucket

He had fun pretending to saw people's legs off.
Photobucket Photobucket

Christmas Eve we got home from a family party and got the kids to bed and then unfortunately crashed in bed ourselves before we cleaned the front room. I was going to wake up early and do it but that never happened.  I loved getting woken up by Chico shouting in such a cute excited voice, "Guys!!! Santa came!!!!"  The moment he had been waiting for had arrived.
So I guess my mom was wrong all these years, Santa WILL come to a messy house! lol ;) Santa must have been sympathetic because Brent and I both weren't feeling well and were exhausted. It was so messy in fact that I told Chico to bring the presents into our room to open them. So, there on our bed we opened presents, good thing our kids are still young enough that they didn't care we weren't opening them by the tree!
As Chico started pulling stuff out of his stocking, Griz was still snoozing on our bed.  He pulled Spider man out and exclaimed, "Spider Man!!!" Suddenly Griz shot off his pillow wide awake ready to open presents after that, lol.
Photobucket Photobucket
As Chico started to open his only present from Santa he said, "this is such an honor." Melted my heart!
After opening presents we let the kids play and tried to decide what to do next, I knew my parents wanted to come bring the boys' presents but the house was so messy it really wasn't an option so we went over there and we all opened presents. We sure were spoiled yet again!  I bet my parents took pictures during that, I'll have to check and if they have some I'll post them on here.  We ate lunch with them and then headed home.  We decided to go skiing and got all ready and headed up to the ski resort. I deserve a Mommy/Wife of the Year Award for that decision because I didn't feel good but I knew how much it would mean to Brent so I said we could go.  We really had a blast skiing. It's hard work taking the boys but so much fun!  One of these days we'll take a camera too. :)
Ramen was a staple food for the end of December/beginning of January.  We all took turns with not feeling well (Brent had the flu, we all got the stomach flu, lots of colds, you name it!).  
Photobucket

No comments: