January 4, 2011

Christmas Eve-Eve

My family got together on the 23rd for a scrumptious meal... Ham, mashed potatoes, shrimp, cheese fondue, and more. We stuffed ourselves silly and then watched the kids open one present each. Chico and his three cousins each got legos.  Nelmo got a cool baby toy. He didn't seem to like it much though... ;)
Photobucket
After the kids opened their presents we did our sibling gift exchange, sat around and chatted and talked. Then we sang Christmas Songs for a good long time.  I really enjoyed that part... we were all harmonizing really well.  I didn't get to sing in ward choir this year so it was nice to have a time to get to sing.
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
After we sang we acted out the nativity.  It wasn't really a reverent activity at first.  The costumes were shabby and thrown together.  But it works and it was fun. :)
Cutest little angel
Photobucket
Sweet little Shepard
Photobucket

I'm not sure if he was a Shepard or a ninja.
Photobucket
Brent and I were Mary and Joseph.  We weren't trying to steal the limelight or anything, I just didn't trust any of the kids to hold Nelmo.  He was the obvious choice to play Baby Jesus, so Brent and I got to be Mary and Joseph.
Photobucket

Chico was originally an angel.
Photobucket
But then we think he decided to change roles and be John the Baptist instead. :)
Photobucket
My parents were holding Nelmo and getting great smiles from him. So I went behind the couch and caught this picture right before he stopped smiling for them.  He's good at getting people to fall in love with him.
Photobucket

1 comment:

BHatch said...

That is the coolest background. I love my family!