August 4, 2014

June & July

 My Grandpa has always loved walking around the babies.

Brent needed to do some PA shadowing in Kamas for a few hours one morning. So I packed up the kids to go with him.  While he was in the clinic I took the kids up to the Uintahs and we "hiked".  The hike was quick but the rocks were so much fun at the trail head and the scenery was gorgeous. I was so glad I had our camera with us. I got some beautiful and fun pictures of our cute kids.

 After Brent finished shadowing he changed his clothes and we went on a real hike.  It was called Noblett's trail and it wasn't hard but it was beautiful!

The end of the trail is this beautiful spring flowing straight out of the mountain.
 We dumped out our "Spring" water and filled up with water from this spring
 ahh, so cool and refreshing. ;)

 Kids just love to play on fallen logs. Especially if it involves getting wet!

And at the end of the day after the hike was done we drove down to the Uintah Drive-In for some AMAZING hamburgers and some shakes. Wowzers they were good!!!!

Children are so precious when they are asleep... 

Summer fun caught on the Cell Phone:

No hat is safe on a head if Sanna is around.  She won't rest until she can get it off of you.

Chico likes making fossils that he has "discovered"

 Thanks for the help Bubba.

Sweet Sanna crawled over to Chico during story time at the library and just hugged him.  I got out the phone in time to capture it! It was SO sweet.

This girl is just growing up too fast!!! She wants to ride those bikes SO badly.

Chico stole my phone one day and took it across the street to the neighbor's house and took a bunch of pictures. Here are just a couple:


We went with my family up to the Bear Lake area for three days. It was a ton of fun. Here are pictures from the time we were there. I need to steal pics from other family members but here are the pics I took:
Minetonka Cave:
Such a cool (literally cool) cave! The tour took us about a 1/4 of a mile into the cave. The tour ended and they said it went even farther than that, another 1/4 of a mile that visitors weren't allowed to see.  The whole time we were walking through I kept thinking of Tennis Shoes among the Nephites.

The  Ranch House we stayed at was owned by an older gentleman who restores model-T fords. He took groups of us out on a ride around his dirt road.  Then he parked it here and let us take pics:

Love this one...

 I want this house...

 I could get used to having this as a backyard:

Dad grilling hamburgers.  My parents went to a lot of work making this all happen. Thanks you guys!!!

I woke up early our last morning there and looked out the window and had to immediately jump out of bed to grab my camera and run outside to capture this sunrise. Living on the Wasatch Front I don't get to see a lot of beautiful sunrises so this really wowed me!  

We went to the Bear Lake and had a blast.  I didn't get any pics during the day but just imagine pictures of us paddle boarding, kayaking, trampoline jumping out on the lake, boating, skiing, tubing, and sand castle building.  I even did some lap swimming.  It was so cold!

Chico turned 6 this year!!! He wanted a spiderman cake and after looking online I came up with this cake.  
 This is his face right after seeing it.  He LOVED it!
 They were pretty excited that I let them eat the cupcakes before the party started.  They ate almost all of them.

Chico got a new bike!

 A bow and arrow!

 One of the darts got stuck in the tree.

 He was a bit weird about all the attention he was getting. 
The party was fun, even though the sprinklers turned on randomly while we were out there. I'm not going to lie, I totally grabbed the cake and ran out of there when the water turned on. The kids can fend for themselves but I spent a lot of time on that cake!!!

Visiting Shriner's Hospital after our friend had surgery, wow what a fun place!!!

We had the fourth of July weekend off so we went backpacking in the Uintahs. We were a little late in the day and rushed so we took the wrong trail and had to stop to set up camp before we got to a real lake. But it was about to rain so we had to hurry and set up camp.  With it raining we decided to squish ALL of us into our little tent.  Let's just say that I was not a happy camper that night. I have a bit of claustrophobia.  I vowed I'm not going backpacking again until we get a bigger backpacking tent.    I had weened Sanna from nursing so that worked okay to just feed her a bottle during the night but at one point she wouldn't take that cold bottle so I just tried nursing her and I had just enough milk left that I got to nurse her one last time. Kind of a memorable experience for me. She bit me at first and I thought, 'dang it, bad idea!' but then she calmed down and it was fine after that.
Next morning we made oatmeal and packed up a day pack and went exploring to other lakes to try out some fishing.

Chico and Griz made a spider's web.

 Didn't catch any fish, but they had fun trying. Chico was fun to watch casting off.

Long Lake was just beautiful. We wished we could have camped there.

 I was feeling sick to my stomach and dreading another night in that tent. We decided to hike home.  Brent carried so much weight on his back because Griz wasn't wanting to hike AT ALL.  So I carried Sanna and my heavy pack. And Brent carried Griz and his even heavier pack.  
We made it back to town in time to go see Kaysville's firework show with my mom and sis-in-law.  They made it fun for the kids by providing glow sticks.  




More summer fun...
I love the rec center!!!

 They both made it to the top this day, rather easily! Brent had taken them the week before and they had been trying really hard but had never made it to the top.  We just stopped here for a minute on our way home from the pool one day and they both made it rather easily. They were so pleased with themselves!

I guess if you don't feel like riding bikes there is always fort building with bikes and lawn chairs... 

 Lookin good in her brother's hat.

My sisters-in-law invited me out for a girls night out. We went and got our nails done (I didn't get to get my toenails done because that day my big toe nail had finally come off.  It had been slowly working it's way off since clear back in March when I skied the powder on that amazing day, guess I had been skiing wrong and totally killed that toenail.  Anyway it was almost all the way off and I was showing Chico how it was only connected in one spot. He says, "Here mommy this is what you do," then he grabs my toenail and just rips it off!  It hurt and bled a lot but it was pretty comical at the same time.
Anyway, back to girls night, after we had our nails done we went to Costa Vida and just talked there for a long time. It was really fun. I was glad they invited me!

 Enjoying our backyard one evening.  Doing some ninja fighting. Cell phone took some pretty cool pics!

He loves Grandpa!

I always wondered when this might happen to one of my kids.  When it happened I was trying to be stern with Griz, telling him it's not okay to draw on your baby sister.  When Brent walked in to see what happened he just turned around and walked out before bursting into laughter. It was so funny. It's all over her leg too but I didn't get a pic of that.

Sanna can walk now!!! She does the cute little Frankenstein walk. I love it! I can't get the video to upload, but oh man it's cute!

 There is nothing like a good summer sunset...

Picking grapes off our side of the fence...

Doing some sparklers Grandma bought...  Kids weren't old enough to write words while doing sparklers but we still got some cool pics...I love the sunset in the back too.

No comments: