January 23, 2017

makeover

Something about losing a bunch of weight triggered this desire in me to start doing my makeup a bit more.  Ha ha.  I remembered that my sister in law Heidi was really good at makeup and even does the contouring stuff I keep hearing about and seeing online. I asked her if she could show me while I was in Utah. She brought her stuff out and spent a long time telling me about the makeup and applying it.  I think it turned our really great!
Brent thought so too and he got out the camera and took some pictures of me.  Heidi got stuck with holding the backdrop (aka blanket) for these pictures.  Brent's so talented with lighting.


After he finished taking pictures I asked him to shoot another one to show my weight loss.  I've lost about 25-30 pounds (it's hard to tell exactly because I've gained muscle for sure)
This is what I wrote about it on Instagram:

A little over 4 months ago I changed my eating habits and started exercising regularly. I have lost nearly 30 pounds in that time and am now addicted to exercise and clean eating. It feels so good to be back to the weight I was before I had kids. It also feels good to be stronger physically than I have ever been before. There were a lot of reasons I wanted to make this change but one major reason was because I hope we will be able to get pregnant again. As time goes on, I don't know if the Lord has that in mind for us or not but if he does my body is ready to carry one of his children again and I would be honored with that privilege. In the meantime as we wait to see if it's in the Lord's plans or not, I'm excited to train for an Olympic length triathlon and some backpacking trips this summer!



 And Heidi took a few on her phone that I liked...



No comments: