July 27, 2011

craft projects

So, when I first started this "mommy-type stuff" blog I intended to post recipes, craft projects, inspirational quotes, AND pictures of my kids. For the last year and a half or so, it's been mostly pictures of the kids. Which is of course the best part of the blog but I'm going to try to do the other parts too. So here it goes. Here are some of my craft projects I've finished recently:

Photobucket
This was inspired by the make-it-love-it website. She did butterflies for hers but I wanted something for my boys' room.  So I came up with these rocket ships and stars. I don't know if you can tell from the picture the size it is on the wall, so I'll tell you.  The wood and rocket ships would probably fill about a 16x20 frame.  I found these stickers at Dollar Tree and thought it went really nicely with the rocket ships but I worried it was too busy. So I lightly put he stickers up and asked Chico what he thought and he replied, "It looks AMAZING!!!"  That was enough for me, and the stickers stayed. :)

Photobucket
This mesh bag for toys was also inspired by make-it-love-it.  I just bought some mesh and sewed and surged it on my mom's machine (mom actually did the surging, the surger frightens me slightly) Then I sewed the ribbon on the top and made two loops to go over the suction cups.  Yay! No more standing on toys while I'm showering and hopefully it solves the toys getting all gross and moldy problem too!

Photobucket
This last one has been in the works for quite some time but I'm sorry to say I just barely finished it.  I printed and mounted these pictures on thin cardboard in like... November. Then I tried taping them onto a corkboard so that I didn't have to stick needles in them. That didn't work. SO I took it down until I could think of something better. I came up with the idea of hanging them from ribbons a while ago but it took me a while to execute the project and by now the pictures are in need of updating! lol.  I like how it looks above the kitchen table though and Chico loves to look at the pictures and ask questions about them.  The first day we put it up he was sitting at the table and said, "Awww, that little Chico is smiling at me!"

More to come another day when I finish the other projects that I've been working on. :)

No comments: