July 11, 2011

just chillin'

Photobucket
I love when Brent breaks out the camera to capture the cuteness of our kiddos. 
Photobucket
Chico has been smothering Nelmo quite a bit more now.  It is amazing how patient Nelmo is with all of this. We have to keep a close eye because often we'll find Chico pinning Nelmo's face underneath a blanket and Nelmo is just laying there letting him do it. Chico also tries (and suceeds) to carry Nelmo. He hefts him by standing behind him and putting his arms underneath Nelmo's armpits and lifts him up. He's also tried doing that around his neck which causes great alarm and fear and screaming from Mommy saying, "No don't EVER do that!!!!"

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

My latest decoration changes...
Photobucket
The colored hemp balls were created and sprayed by me. The tan and brown ones were found at Walmart. As were the flowers that I arranged in that pot.  The pot and basket were both DI finds. Maybe it looks dumb but I like it. :)

Photobucket
Chico's "new scout shirt". I was getting my scout shirt on one day as I prepared for Webelos and Chico asked me, "where is my scout shirt?".  He got this new shirt one day and he deemed it, on his own, as his scout shirt.  I got this on clearance at Kohls, a heck of a lot cheaper than a scout shirt would have been. :)  He wore it to church one day and told all the ladies in nursery that it was his new scout shirt. I guess he really likes it! :)
Photobucket

Oh Nelmo, you crack me up with your cute faces.
Photobucket

Our "neighbor doats" recently had some babies.  They are "SO DUTE!" and we just love standing at the fence feeding them.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Nelmo even fed one of the goats accidentally.  He was holding a weed in his hand and the goat reached it's mouth through the fence and started pulling on the weed.  Nelmo held on tight to that weed and didn't let it go.  The goat pulled and the weed ripped in half.  Then Nelmo lazily put his half into his mouth.  He's got quite the grip!
Photobucket

But THIS goat has caused some wild adventures for us.  She reaches her little neck under the fence and somehow gets the rest of her body to follow.  Then she's stuck on the other side of the fence than her baby.  She's okay for a while because she's just chowin' down on the weeds. But then when she realizes she can't get back she starts freakin' out.  We have the best view of the goats of any of our neighbors, in fact, we have a better view than the owners of the goats. So we feel it our responsibility to help get her back in when she gets out.  Which has happened several times lately.  Brent has had some exciting times chasing down this goat.  Let me tell ya, they are fast! The first time she got out a couple weeks ago I thought I'd help and with a bit of trepidation I peaked my head behind the garage and she bolted down the lane at me and I had to jump out of the way right in time for her to ram the fence with those horns of hers.  I think I might have startled her because she's usually not aggressive.  Just a crazy wild goat trying to get back to her baby.
Photobucket

Nelmo is just getting cuter every day.  His brown eyes and now light brown hair just kill me.
Photobucket

Oh and I love his two toothed grin!
Photobucket

Definitely looks like his daddy. :)
Photobucket

1 comment:

Cleverly Triple said...

your boys are so adorable! they're getting so big!!!