July 11, 2011

Hiking the Mormon Trail

Photobucket
A few weekends ago we really wanted to go on a hike and decided on the Mormon Trail and invited my sister to come along with us.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Chico picked these flowers and I said, "Oooh, are those for me!?"  and he said, "No, the doats".  Nice.

Photobucket

So you know how all the water has been high this year? Well, it kinda flooded a lot of this trail.  For the first 20 minutes or so I was able to keep my shoes dry but it became apparent that it was a pointless effort.  So we trudged through that freezing cold water and had fun.  
Photobucket

Photobucket
It was great having Em along. She's so great with my kids and we of course had fun talking the whole way up and down the trail.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Beavers are awesome.  Look at that tree above that they've been working on.  Then a few hundred yards later we came across a sign. Wonder how long it took before the beaver figured out it wasn't a tree?
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I might just be framing this next picture.
Photobucket

Photobucket

We finally let Chico wade in the water near the end too. He had a blast.  Hiking with Chico has been a real learning experience for me. I've been realizing how much patience Brent has, and how much I lack.  I'm trying to learn to be patient like Brent.  I'm so glad I'm married to such an awesome man and father.
Photobucket

2 comments:

BHatch said...

Thanks for the compliments, Sweetheart. I'm sure most people would agree that I'm the grumpiest patient person they've ever known.
As for the hike, I don't recall any patience, I just love watching the confidence Chico develops as he explores and learns new things outside.
And as for Chico and Nelmo, they've got the best Mom and Aunt I could hope for.
Thanks to Em for spending a Saturday morning with us!

Emily Davis said...

I loved hiking with you two and your adorable boys, we should seriously go again!!! Love the pics as always!