July 25, 2011

more birthday pictures

We had the whole fam come to the park and celebrate with us with pizza, cake and ice cream. The kids were having so much fun playing on the playground that Chico decided we all should move down there and open presents next to the playground.
Photobucket

Photobucket
He'd open one present and then want to start playing with it right away. It was hard to convince him to keep on keeping on and get all the presents open. His cousins were so excited to have him open their gifts, especially his cousin his age, N.  It was adorable to see him so excited for Chico.  Chico got a bit overwhelmed and was a bit shy but overall he did better than I would have expected.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
He has a weird fascination for Spider Man. I don't know why, because he's never seen it before as far as I know. He just loves how it looks I guess. So I found him a Spider Man hat which he loves.  Oh, and that little dragon in his hands he latched right onto also. He named it Sharkie.  I think that is the first toy he has named right off the bat.
Photobucket

and a few of his awesome grandparents...
Photobucket

Photobucket
He may not give the cuddliest hugs (he gets that from me) but he sure does love them.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I love when my dad is in a goofy mood. I think he's fishing for goldfish crackers...
Photobucket

My brother's kids weren't able to make it on Chico's actual birthday so my mom, my grandma, my brother's fiance, and I threw a little quick birthday party during the day a couple days later. The craziness that ensued was... well crazy.
Photobucket
We had corndogs and then frosted cupcakes with the leftover frosting from my lightning mcqueen cake.
Photobucket
Grandma got the fun job of cuddling with Griz
Photobucket

Then we had to go inside to blow out candles. Chico was a little overwhelmed by all the attention.
Photobucket

Photobucket
After a little persuasion I convinced him to blow out the candles.

Then it was time for more overwhelming attention when the kids all gave him their presents. He was hiding by his great grandma for protection from the kids pressing in on him.
Photobucket

His sweet cousin R, gave him this dinosaur that he bought with his own money. 
Photobucket

The kids continued to press in on him so finally he just went and hid behind the chair. Silly kid. Hopefully next birthday he'll like the attention a little bit more.
Photobucket
Thanks to all of you family that came and supported Chico on his birthday. We love you!

No comments: