July 17, 2011

Stowell Family Reunion

Photobucket
This year for the Stowell Family Reunion the Wrights planned a campout in conjunction with the reunion.  We stopped in Ogden on our way up for a couple of quick errands, and then we were going to go hiking in Ogden. It was getting later in the day and I felt like we needed to get up there sooner rather than later and so we went up to Tremonton first. It turned out to be a good thing because we forgot our tent poles and we got a hold of Christa right before they left Centerville and they were able to bring them up for us. Brent was still bummed about missing out on hiking in Ogden and after we got all set up he thought we should try hiking in the mountains in Tremonton. I consented so we left the group and drove 4x4 in the mountains up to a trail. We hiked for a little bit but it didn't work out so well due to my wimpiness. So we drove to Brigham City and saw the temple under construction, grabbed a bite, and then got milkshakes from Peach City. I would highly recommend that Drive in, it was way good.  Other activities from that day back at the camp (actually it was more like a park) included tie dying shirts for Chico and Grizz. I played the card game BS with Nate, Christa, and Steve for a loooong game. Then the Wrights set up a projector and we all watched Tangled.  The kids loved it.  Chico loved running around with N and L.  I can't wait for the Hatch Family campout when they can play for even longer!

Photobucket

Photobucket
B played by the fire most of the time.
Photobucket

This year for the reunion they planned the "Stowellympics" and we all got to participate in any of the events that we wanted to.
One of the first events was a tug of war.  There was a weak spot on the rope and they started pulling and it snapped and they all went flying. (This actually happened twice until my husband stepped in and tied an awesome knot.)
Photobucket

It was a tough competition
Photobucket

But they didn't stand a chance against a team with my husband with super-human strength.
Photobucket

Boxing wasn't one of the events but Chico and N invented that one on their own.
Photobucket
Penny stacking was another fun competition. (No that's not Delicate Arch)
Photobucket

I didn't participate in too many events. I was too busy either taking pictures or holding my sweet Grizzly Bear.
Photobucket

Stick pulling was a fun event.
Photobucket

Until these two strong men went and broke the stick. :)
Photobucket

Leg wrestling was a fun competition for me and Brent to participate in.  Brent beat me easily (in a very gentelman-like manner) but I beat all the ladies I competed against... Okay, so there were only like two that braved to try, but I could have beaten more. You know I could have.

Arm wrestling was fun to watch. Participating isn't my forte though. Simon told me it's because I've got long arms and that gives me a disadvantage. That was nice of him to say, but honestly I just have wussy arm muscles. :)
Photobucket

K pausing for another photo-op.
Photobucket

This was a fearsome competition.
Photobucket

Then the Indians came to attack.
Photobucket

Then there was some cute 3-legged racing going on.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Later on was a 50 yard dash. 
Photobucket

There was also an eating contest and watermelon seed spitting contests. And that concludes the Stowellympics. We'll have to do them again, they were a lot of fun.

Notice that Sippy Cup in Grizzly's hands? Well, on July 1st I did what I've been trying to get the guts to do for quite some time. I decided to start the weaning process.  So far so good! I only nurse him during the nights now.  But I think he might eat us out of house and home. That kid packs it away!
Photobucket
As you can see by those cheeks. :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Chico was busy playing the whole time. Too busy to even hold his strawberry in his hands while he ate it.
Photobucket

Photobucket

We had a blast. Thanks Wright family for planning such a fun reunion!
Photobucket

No comments: