January 9, 2010

Ann's Chocolate Chip Cookies

The best thing I brought into this marriage was this recipe. :) Just kidding, but they really are the best chocolate chip cookies you will ever make. Brent took some to share at work and his co-worker called them "crack cookies" and accused Brent of trying to get him addicted so that he'd have to pay me to make them for him. They are addicting so beware. The woman who gave me the recipe (Ann) would make them all the time. I used to babysit her kids and it was all I could do not to eat all of them out of the cookie jar and blame it on the kids!

Photobucket

Ann's Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 c. butter
1 c. sugar
1 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
3 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 pkg. chocolate chips


Mix butter and sugars until smooth. Add vanilla and eggs. Mix until smooth. Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until smooth. Add chocolate chips. Drop onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 9-10 minutes depending on your oven.
Some tips: Make the cookie dough balls kinda thick. You can fit 15 on a pan because they don't spread out too much, they stay plump. My recommendation on the baking is to not let them cook too long! They shouldn't turn very brown, these cookies stay kinda white. You can let them get a TINY bit golden brown on the top but any more than that and they are burned. Put them on cooling racks no sooner than 5 minutes after you pull them out. I recommend not to eat them until it's been about 20 minutes since you pulled them out. Keep them in a ziploc and eat them within a day or freeze them, they just aren't the same after 24 hours.

Hope you enjoy them!

And to end with a story:
So speaking of Ann and babysitting her kids. She had three boys when I used to tend for her. They were FULL of energy. It was hard to keep up. Well one day one of the boys was throwing string over the ceiling fan and I was right there watching and have NO idea how this happened but all the sudden the fan came falling out of the ceiling. One of the boys, he was probably 6 or 7 but tall for his age, was standing right underneath it as it started falling and he caught it! He looked like Atlas, that Greek god who holds the world on his back. It was incredible, I think we were all quite shocked at him catching it, him most of all.
I grabbed it off of him and I sat there and studied the fan as I panicked about what the parents would say. As I remember it, it turned out there was only one screw holding the fan up. I didn't feel so bad about it falling anymore, they should have installed it better. :)
Leave it to me to blame other people.

No comments: