January 19, 2010

art

There is a quote from a book I read about Michealangelo. I don't know if Michaelangelo actually said this or not but I'm sure it's how he felt.

"One should not become an artist because he can, but because he must. It is only for those who would be miserable without it."

I haven't pulled out my painting stuff for over a year. I've been missing it miserably but I've been too busy with photography to paint. I got really burned out in December and mentally could not bring myself to do much photo editing. So out of necessity Brent took over. I still do a little bit here and there, but he does the majority of it now. And can I just tell you, he is GOOD! He is very detailed and thorough and is kind of a perfectionist. And best of all... he ENJOYS doing it. So now, after we put Chico to bed I can pull out my painting stuff and set up my table next to our computer desk and we can work together late into the night doing something we both enjoy. It's been awesome.
Photobucket
I took a picture of it because it is so awesome to me, words cannot describe the peaceful feeling I get when I think about this situation. By the way, don't look too close at the painting, I'm far from finished.

7 comments:

Cleverly Triple said...

you wanted a reminder....you mis-spelled chicho's name. lol. ;)

Cleverly Triple said...

p.s. i LOVE your painting. it looks absolutely beautiful! we should get together and paint sometime....i need some motivation!

Sarah Hatch said...

Thanks for the reminder! That's why I requested the help in noticing that because I just know it's going to be a hard habit to get into!

Sarah Hatch said...

p.s. I agree, I miss all the times we would paint together in our art classes! But we'd have to lock the toddlers in the other room. Or keep everything out of reach, it's far too fascinating for them to stay out of!

Cleverly Triple said...

we should do it on a day our hubbies have work off...they can watch the kids while we paint! :)

horrocks_love said...

I love your paintings! Do you just do them for yourself or do you sell them. ;) I'd love a painting in my house. ;)

Sarah Hatch said...

Thanks Heather! That's the goal eventually, (to start selling my paintings) as of right now though, I don't have a lot to sell. I do take requests though and I could let you know how much it would be and all that jazz!