January 13, 2010

Pancakes/Waffles

This is a, 'can't live without this recipe', recipe.


Best pancakes I've ever had. I got this recipe from a woman I worked for in North Carolina. I figured out (all by myself!) that I can convert the pancake recipe into a waffle recipe by adding a tbsp or two more butter. Such a swell discovery. Since I was in North Carolina these were, however called Griddlecakes because you cook them on a griddle, not a pan. I love the South.

Photobucket

Griddlecakes
3/4 cup milk*
2 TBS melted butter
1 egg 1 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder 2 TBS Sugar
1/2 tsp salt
mix wet together, mix dry, then add to wet.
Cook on hot pan or griddle, 1/4 cup of batter per pancake
*I normally add about 1 cup of milk, it all just depends on how thick you like your pancakes. I kinda just add milk until it's just right, you know? If you only do 3/4 cup they will be very thick which is sometimes fun. :)


And believe it or not, these have a funny story to go with them too. I was a nanny for a summer in North Carolina (funnest job!). I had it pretty dang easy and only had to cook dinner for the kids ONE time the WHOLE summer. I loved this griddlecake recipe so much that I made it for dinner! That night the 5 year old got really sick and threw up all over me.
These results are not typical.
Enjoy!

No comments: